Article 22 of the Law on National parks (“Official Gazette of RS”, No. 84/15) determines the establishment of a National park expert council. The Ministry of Environmental Protection determines the procedure and appoints members of the Expert Council, which is a consultative body that monitors and analyzes programs and projects in the field of nature protection and the use of natural resources. Subjects of particular importance are:
- The National park management plan;
- The National park management program;
- Programs and projects that implement measures and activities for the protection and development of the Djerdap National park.
The Expert Council consists of five members, one of whom is the President. The members of the expert council are individuals who, through their scientific and professional work, monitor and analyze the field of nature protection and sustainable use of natural resources, and one member is the administrative representative.
Article 23 of the law on national parks (“Official Gazette of RS”, No. 84/15) determines the formation of a national park customer council. The Djerdap National park customer council was established after an announced public call for proposals for councilmembers in February 2018. The council consists of 11 members:
- One member of the municipality of Majdanpek
- One member of the municipality of Kladovo
- One member of the local community of Donji Milanovac
- One representative of the tourist organization of the municipality of Majadanpek
- One representative of the preschool institution “Marija Muncan”, Majdanpek
- One representative of the tourist facility “Fortress Golubački grad”, Golubac
- One representative of the Tourist facility “Museum Lepenski Vir”, Donji Milanovac
- One economic representative from the National park area
- One representative of the “Djerdap” hunting association, Donji Milanovac
- One representative of the non-governmental sector, NGO “Lazarus”, Donji Milanovac
- One representative of the institution “Library Centar za kulturu”, Kladovo.
The customer council was formed in order to ensure the interests of the local population and Djerdap National park customers.